La Lucciola in Seminyak, before the dinner crowd arrives.
Seminyak seems to have more than its fair share of highly regarded restaurants, places people drive from Kuta to eat at, but like many tourist areas around the world, restaurants can come and go with the seasons. Even good and popular restaurants can lose their leases, or have their chefs retire. The list below displays some of the places we've tried in the Seminyak area. Entries are dated according to last visit, or at least the last time we could verify it was still in business. For more ideas, check out Bali Eats.
- Warung Bonita
- Steak / Indonesian - Pleasant little open-air restaurant with a large garden seating area. Warung Bonita is open all day, and its friendly staff seems to earn it a lot of repeat business. The dinner menu features a selection of steaks in different styles, as well as some Indonesian dishes. The restaurant is located on Jalan Petitenget a short distance up the road from Hu'u.
- Le Tebu
- French / Indonesian - Set on Jalan Petitenget right next to the temple, Le Tebu is a good option for a moderately priced lunch or dinner after some time at the beach. You don't get the beach-front view, but you don't pay for it either. The menu is mixed western and Indonesian for breakfast and lunch, but dinner tends to be more full-on French.
- Balinese - This popular restaurant / pub (a typical combination in Seminyak) combines the local cuisine with touches typically found in French and Italian cuisine. On Jalan Pentitenget where it turns away from the beach. Tel. 736 443
- Ke De Ta
- International - Generally recognized as the 'king' of Seminyak night - and day - life. The restaurant and lounge sits right on the beach, next to the Oberoi. The lounge features sunset DJ's. There's a pool and beach chairs along the sand, so some people come here for a full day. Tel. 736 969
- La Lucciola
- Italian - This two story pavilion is perhaps as well known for its location as for the food. Located right on the beach in Seminyak, next to Pura Petitenget temple, it's a bit of a long way to go, but a lot of people seem to think it's worth it. Reservations recommended, if not required, for a sunset dinner. Tel. 261 047
- Living Room
- International - Cosy restaurant just across the street from the brash Hu'u, this long-established fine dining place was, along with La Lucciola, one of the first in Seminyak. Tel. 735 735