The Sultan Abdul Samad building is one of the most striking remnants of Malaysia's colonial past. The structure was built between 1894 and 1897 by the British colonial powers to house several administrative functions. "Abdul Samad" was the Sultan of Selangor at the time of the building's construction.
Sultan Abdul Samad Building
After independence, the building housed the nation's supreme court, but that has now been moved to the new national administrative center of Putrajaya. The building is now used by the commercial division of the high court.